Tuesday

Don't Feel Like Praying





It's Morning, Jesus
And I am tired.
A little groggy.
I just don't feel like praying.
But I will go by what I know
and not by what I feel.
I know that as you chose your disciples, you also chose me.
I know this by reading your Word, when you said to them:

16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. (John 15)


So, it is Lord, that your choice of me, and your desire that I pray is greater than my fatigue. So, I rest in you....and in that rest, I pray.
I sit in front of you..and by your appointment, not my will, I pray.
By the power of your creative word that I should bear fruit,
I consent to be, this morning, as a withered branch, attached to the vine.
By abiding in you...yes by abiding in you alone...
without effort, without strain, without striving, I will bear the fruit of prayer.


And as the waves of the ocean are lifted upward by the pull of the moon
So my groans and sighs are lifted up to you: You who said:
"If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto myself."

For the gravity of your spirit pulls upward.
and Your Holy Spirit interprets my sighs.
And in the knowledge and experience of such prayer,
my praises follow.

Amen