Sunday

Help Us, Lord, to Pray Like Jacob


The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16


Now, Lord Jesus
We pray for the blessing.
We pray for Africa.
As we were prayed for, so we pray.
We pray to you,
because in you resides all power and blessing.
You have the power to bless.
I will not slip off into my own comfort this afternoon
I will pray
I refuse to forget
I refuse to retreat
I refuse to languish

Prone to seek my own comfort
Prone to slip into the shade
Prone to sip the lemonade and coke and sweetened tea

How can I languish in my own comfort when those I love
are on the mission field?
How can I pretend this day is about me
When it is about you and the work you are doing right now.

God be with Sherri and camera and lense and pen
God be with Nan and blood and bible
God be with Nancy and surgery and knife and wound
God be with Kathy and needle and bandage
God be with Gene and pharmacy and pill
God be with Julie and mother, infant, child.

Give them your blessing.
Give them your joy.
Give them your strength.
Impart to them your life.

Amen



Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me."
(Gen. 32:26)