Saturday

Prayer for a Saturday Morning


Child at Baptist Hospital in Nalerigu, Africa
It's Morning, Jesus
She is in Africa at the Baptist Hospital and I am here at home.
They are in the midst of poverty and I am in the midst of plenty.
From your vantage point in heaven, what do you see, Lord Jesus?
My girls are sleeping this morning in air-conditioned bed rooms.
They are sleeping in the humidity and heat of a continent sometimes forgotten by the prosperous.
Chelsea and Hannah are dreaming.
Do shape our dreams, our plans, our use of our resources for the use of your Kingdom, Lord Jesus.
What exactly do I deserve?
For what reason(s) have you trusted me with much?
That I might be fat and comfortable?
That I might be able to afford air-conditioning?
That I might go, now and then, to touch the poor to alleviate my conscience?
That I might die to self in order that my all might be given for you?
I pray to you, Lord Jesus
from the Dominican Republic
from Mexico
from Honduras
from Cuba
from Africa
from New Orleans
from Camp Viola
and from the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course in Alabama.
Amen