Thursday

Praying and Thinking

It's Morning, Jesus
You called us to prayer, not rationality.
You called us to spirit, not law.
How irrational it seemed, Lord, to those Pharisees,
that your disciples plucked corn on the Sabbath.
Forgive me, Lord,
When I have "overthought" your Spirit
And tried to make pure logic of where the winds blows.

Give me faith to follow your Spirit
Grant me the instinct and humility of the eagle
To lift up my wings when the updraft of your windy spirit
lifts off the mountain
Protect me from overthinking.
Give to me, your mind, Lord Jesus
And help me wrap my mind around your thoughts:
"I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
(John 3:5-7)