Thursday


1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world...
Ephesians 2:1

It's Morning, Jesus
Today, in the new life and power of Christ the servant
Christ with the towel around his waist
Christ with mud on his hands
Christ with dirt under his fingernails
Christ with liberty for the prisoner
Christ with water for the thirsty
Christ with bread for the hungry
Christ with teaching for the children
Christ kneeling down with children on his lap
Christ on a hot and sweaty hillside with loaves and fishes
Christ talking to a woman by a well
Christ writing with his finger in the dust
Christ washing his disciples feet
Christ visting in a home
Christ visitng the apostles and the waiting church
in that upper room to get them out of that room
with power for ministry
with power to go to the jails
with transformed personality and boldness to speak to the authorities
with broken hearts for the children
with new eyes to see the lost all around them

O Christ, my Savior
When I was dead in my trespasses and followed the ways of the world
I wanted all things to happen at my feet
I wanted all things to begin where I am
I wanted to be the maker, the creator, the stirrer of all things
But when you came into my life
And, Holy Spirit of God, moved on me and in me,
Immersed me with your presence
It was not to keep me where I was
But to take me where you were
at work in the world.
I thank you, Lord Jesus,
That those early disciples broke out of that little room
When the Spirit came
I thank you they never lingered begging you to come again
Pleading for your visitation again,and again, again,
But did, by power filled lives,
Join you in your work
Found where you were already at work
And went to join you there
And when they got there
They were filled with the Spirit
Again and again and again
When they met stubborn authorities
They were filled with the Spirit
Again and again and again
When they were arrested and put in jails
They were filled with the Spirit
Again and again and again
When they met the demonic
They were filled with the Spirt
again and again and again
God forbid that I should have any desire
to make things happen at my feet..
That is the way of old Adam, the way of the World
No Lord Jesus,
Today, I will allow your Holy Spirit to move MY FEET
to where you are already at work in the world
and
commissioning men to go
calling men to come
asking for laborers in that harvest

So this morning,
I sit in prayer with you
at the beginning of this day
I worship
I cry
I sing
I plead my personal life before you

And I accept the power you give me here
as not for me
not for my own enjoyment
not for my own hallelujah experience
but for what you meant it

8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

So today, Lord
I am in my own Jerusalem.
I am in LaGrange.
How will I be a witness in LaGrange, today
Where will I find you today in LaGrange?
Are you still in those places you said we would find you?
Or have you changed, Jesus?

Believing you are the same, yesterday, today and forever
I will not sit in my prayer room this morning
Imagining that this cup of coffee, this hallelujah,
this music, this song, is what it is all about...
No Lord Jesus,
Whether I have a good feeling or not
Whether I get the high or not....
I will be empowered today for witness
When I go to LaGrange.

Lord send us all.

Amen