Thursday

Ephesians 1:3


It's Morning, God the Father
You have blessed me
You have blessed me in Christ
You have blessed me with every spiritual blessing.
You bless me by choosing me
You bless me by perfecting me
You bless me by adopting me as "son".

This morning I bless you, Almighty God
by extolling you
by praising you
by honoring you
by ascribing all good to you
by magnifying you
by lifting you up
by desiring all honor for you
by being silent before you
by bowing my head
by crying holy and hallelujah and Amen.

I bless you
by holding up a standard of truth
by offering mercy
by my willingness to stand up under repute

I bless you
by doing good to your children
by listening to the hurt
by counseling the lonely
by guiding the confused

So today, Lord,
I begin with blessing
may I live in blessing
breathe in blessing
perspire in blessing you
lay down my head today as a final blessing

Blessed be your name!