Monday

Outside the Camp


12 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood. 13 Let us, then, go to him outside the camp, bearing the disgrace he bore (Hebrews 13)


It's Morning, Jesus
And I will follow you today, outside the camp.
I will go the dirty places of sin, where folks in hurting marriages have heaped insult upon insult upon each other
I will stand near piles of stones of accusations, hurled in personal hurt
I will go to rooms of crying and confession where addicts weep for failure and smile and laugh for victory
I will go to counseling sessions where women bruised with abuse need to be reminded they are worthy

You bore the disgrace of all this, on the cross, Lord Jesus. And when I enter into the emotional froth of this pain, your word tells me I bear the disgrace you bore.

Lord, strengthen me today.
Be with me and in me today.
Out of you may I listen and love and speak.
Christ in me, the hope of glory.
I ask that my presence in all of this be a healing presence.

Amen