Friday

Blessed is He Who is Not Offended in Me




1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"
I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know."
4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath [a] enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.' "


It's Morning, Jesus
I lift you up as sovereign Lord
As ruler
As judge
As destroyer
As healer
As the conqueror of death
As the author of life

I pray for those who sit in Bethany this morning,
like Mary and Martha
wondering where your are
waiting on your miracle

Lazarus is dead

I pray for those who minister and laugh in the surprises of life and grace

Lazarus is alive

You are an amazing God
An all providing God
You, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit never meet in heaven in emergency session
You know what's going on

In all of life, in every detail and moment, you are calling us to yourself
to your side
to your heart
to your will
to your way

You who said, "I am the way".

Unless we come by you, to you, and through you, O sweet Jesus,
We will not come to the father in heaven.

Come, O' Holy Spirit
And breathe on us today.

Give to the child that leaves home
a guardian angel
Give to the mom and dad and sisters
strengthened hearts

Give to those who go to the hospitals today, hope
Give to those who check out of the hospital today, thanksgiving

Give to those who plan, wisdom
Give to those who execute those plans, perseverance
Give to those who are strong, a healthy pace
Give to those who are tired, rest
Give to those who ask, seek, and knock
an open door
a loaf of bread

in Jesus name
Amen