Friday


Now the disquieting thing is not simply that we skimp and begrudge the duty of the prayer. The really disquieting thing is it should have to be numbered among duties at all. For we believe that we were created ‘glorify God and enjoy Him forever.’ And if the few, the very few, minutes we now spend on intercourse with God are a burden to us rather than a delight, what then?
–C.S. Lewis, Letters to Malcolm

It's Morning, Jesus
I adore you
I simply adore you.

May every action I take today
be a small step toward you
on the lowest rung of the ladder

May I glorify and exalt you
sitting at the table
typing on this computer
driving my car to school
walking the halls of the hospital
opening the book
reading the mail

May I know you, share you, be with you
in Sherri
in Chelsea
in Jenna
in Hannah

May I bless you
in traffic
in store
in hallway
in line

in gym
in store
in restaurant
in meeting

in writing
in thinking
in studying
in praying

in talking
in listening
in feeling
in being

in all things
I exalt you today.

Amen