Monday

A Prayer for a Friend


1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40


Lord,
I lift this cry to you
For him
He needs patience in truth, today
He needs the capacity for longer suffering
He does not feel able to endure anymore
He does not have a willigness in himself to take anymore

I know, Lord Jesus, that you hear his cry
I ask you, Lord Jesus
to give him a sign

He cannot get out of this by himself
The pit is too slippery
The slope is too high

Help him, Lord
to lean into the lift
to rest into the rescue
to fall into the grace

Every thing in him
Every bone in his body
Causes him to struggle, to exert, to try harder

Help him release and let go, Lord Jesus
and experience the fall he feels is dangerous
until his feet rest on the rock of your truth.

Amen