Friday

Dealing with Personal Sin

How Dealing with Personal Sin Makes me an Effective Warrior Against Public Sin

1. It makes me angry at the devil.
2. It makes me aware of how subtle and deceitful the tempter is.
3. It humbles me before the creator, who loved me "while" I was being tricked.
4. It gives me sympathy and empathy for the one being tricked, defiled, wounded, hurt.
5. It makes me a prayer warrior for others.
6. It causes me to "hurt" for others, not be "mad" or "disgusted" at them.
7. It gives me understanding of a spiritual nature.
8. It gives me motivation to help others out of the trap they are in.
9. It fortifies me against the enemy.
10.It sustains my daily walk with Christ.

This is why recovering alcoholics do not throw stones at alcoholics. They know what it is like. They know the way out. They understand the temptations to getting through. And they understand the grace of God.

This is why recovering sinners don't throw stones at sinners. They know what it is like. They know the way out. They understand the temptations to getting through. And they understand the grace of God.

Work on personal sin. Every victory you have had in your own spiritual life will make you a truthful, effective, loving, healing intercessor for that particular sin, should it become apparent in others. But be alert. You will be tempted to throw stones at sins which you have not conquered. They may exercise a power of fear or fantasy over you, or excavate an unforgiven hurt.

If you see a sin in someone else that wounds you deeply, look deeply within your own self. Have you done battle with and conquered this particular sin? Have you had personal victory over it? Has Christ shown you his conquering power in this aspect of life? If so, then share that conquering power with the person in whom you see that sin. Pray for them. Befriend and encourage them as a "wounded" soldier who knows what it is like to be in this battle.