Wednesday

Sometimes We Can't See


Look closely at this picture. Can you see her? She is there, in the periphery, on the edge, in the shadows. It is easy to walk by her. But she is there, still. Move your head a little. Move your eyes. Adjust your screen. Slow down. You will see her, if you try. She is there.


(Photo of Bobbie Ann Scott)
What does it take to see? Sometimes it takes slowing down to allow God to turn the lights on. Sometimes it takes "time". Sometimes it takes an intentional kind of focus, away from our routine. Sometimes it takes a personal insistence on searching after and finding God in our midst. Is God only present in the things that get our attention? Is God only interested in our "to-do" list? Could God be sitting in the shadows with her, watching us go by?


It's Morning, Jesus
I give you my eyes, today. Today I will walk slowly. Today I will slow down. Today I will search for you and your presence in others, who sit at the gate of my coming and going.
Amen