Friday

Work With God, Not For Him


We mistake panic for inspiration. That is why there are so few fellow workers with God and so many workers for Him. We would far rather work for God than believe in Him. Am I quite sure that God will do what I cannot do? The degree of panic is the degree of the lack of personal spiritual experience.
Oswald Chambers


It's Morning, Jesus
And I just erased a lot of prayers.
Sometimes the devil can get into your prayer life.
Thank you, Lord, for that divine eraser.

"In the early morning before dawn, Jesus went to a lonely place, and there He prayed." He didn't go into that place with you to make his "to do" list, He went there to enter into your doing, Lord.

Allow me, this morning, a pause, a reflection, a meditation on you, and you alone, Almighty God.
I will listen to the birds again
Hear the chatter of the squirrels
Listen to what sounds like a hoot owl on a Friday morning
And be surprised by a chick-a-dee with a funny sound.

I will increase my faith at the table of your bounty.
I will not take myself so seriously
I will not make myself and my presence so important
That I am always somewhere else...because the "need" is so great there.
You are there, Lord
Already at work.
And I join you in that work in prayer.

In Jesus name.
Amen