Tuesday

Weasel's Sigh


It's Morning, Jesus

I'm thanking you.
I don't have to go it alone.
Even in this lonely place of prayer,
You fashion me for community.
Community is what you left behind, Lord
A small group, with you in the middle of it
Is what we must seek.

When you said, "It's finished"
You left behind a living, visible community
You committed the entire work of salvation to that community.
That community, created and re-created in you,
Sought to make explicit who you were and what you had done
First in their lives, and in their lives together by your Spirit.

Thank you for the household of God.
Make me able to commit to others in my community
Forgive in me any anger, hostility, pain of rejection, fear of authority,
That might ruin my experience of community with others and you.

Amen