Sunday

"Into thy hands, I commit..."



It's Evening, Jesus
We are all in stages
Of taking hold and letting go
Of holding on as long as we can
Of delaying life, delaying death, delaying the inevitable.
But we all must let go
We all must dare.
Was Abraham the first trapeze artist
In the circus of faith?
When you told him to let go
And move to a place you would show him
Was he frightened, Lord?
I pray tonight for all who must let go
I pray for all who, wanting to hold on for security,
Miss the next portion of life you have for them.
I pray for all in transition
For all who have made that leap of faith
I pray that you, God, will make our church body like a net
That catches falling stars and gives a soft bounce to fallen dreamers
And I thank you, Jesus
That you let go of the handcuffs of humanity
That night in the garden
And took the leap into eternity
Where angels caught you
And ushered you in
to the presence of God.