Monday

Twisted Glory


A tree gives glory to God by being a tree.
If it tries to be anything else, it does not give glory to God.
---T. Merton

It’s Morning, Jesus


The earth is yours, and everything that is in it.
All things belong to you and are of you.
Nothing is without your handiwork.
Nothing, except man, is without tribute to your glory.


A tree cannot deny its creator.
By divine direction, it reaches to the sky.


Water cannot resist your plan, O God,
But by your plan it falls as raindrops from the heavens.
It collects in streams, creeks and rivers
And empties into the sea.

Only man can deny you as creator
Only man can refuse obeisance before you.
Only man can grieve you.

I receive your Holy Spirit now Lord.
To live in a way that will not grieve you.
Because your Spirit dwells in me
I am able to claim my inheritance.


Against the winds of any ones anger,
I will lift my arms to you.
Against the dark forces of others expectations
I will claim my sonship,
For as many as are led
By your Spirit are you sons, Lord.
Your Spirit gives me power to be your witness
And to speak your word with boldness.