Monday

The Horse Named Rush


It’s Still Morning, Jesus

I hurried my prayer, Lord
And I am not happy with what I have done.
I left you with my head still bowed
I started up the mountain, trying to drag my donkey behind me

I said to myself…I said:
“The sun is rising. I must outrun it.”
“This has to be done…now”

So, Lord, I quit too soon the very place
Where all successes are won
Where all accomplishments are readied

Steady my soul, three personed God
Slow me down
I almost got on the carousel
To ride again the horse named rush

Now, I am back with you
And laugh at the carousel going round
And the hurrying, scurrying, worrying thing
That possesses me
When I do not have you
And you are not allowed to have me.

So…I have come back
And I will sit, I will be, I will just hang out wordlessly awhile
At your feet….

Amen