Thursday

The Body

14 The body is not one part, but many parts. 15 If the foot should say, "I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand," that would not stop it from being a part of the body. 16 If the ear should say, "I am not a part of the body because I am not an eye," that would not stop it from being a part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye how would it hear? If the whole body were an ear, how would it smell? 18 But God has put all the parts into the body just as He wants to have them. 19 If all the parts were the same, it could not be a body. 20 But now there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I do not need you." Or the head cannot say to the feet, "I do not need you." 22 Some of the parts we think are weak and not important are very important. 23 We take good care of and cover with clothes the parts of the body that look less important. The parts which do not look beautiful have an important work to do. 24 The parts that can be seen do not need as much care. God has made the body so more care is given to the parts that need it most. 25 This is so the body will not be divided into parts. All the parts care for each other. 26 If one part of the body suffers, all the other parts suffer with it. If one part is given special care, the other parts are happy.

I Corinthians 12


It's Morning, Jesus
I thank you for the created order of all things.
I praise you for the wisdom of your work.
Bless this body I partake of now: my hands, my feet, my eyes, my ears.
Bless the family I am part of now: Sherri, Hannah, Chelsea, Jenna, Greg
Bless the church I am a part of now.

Amen