Monday

Heart to Heart


It's Morning, Jesus
I have before me the bible, the mirror and the magnifying glass
And I come to you this morning just to be with you
To exalt you.
You have put it in my heart to do so.
That is why I do it.
I do not come to you this morning out of my will
I do not have the will power in myself to get up in the morning to be with you
I don't even have the determination to say no to pumpkin pie
But I do have the heart beating inside of me to come to you
You have given me this heart
This is your work in me

You have written on my heart

You chose me, before the foundation of the world
to be holy and blameless in your sight. (Ephesians 1:4)
You had decided, even before my father left me
To adopt me as your son. (Ephesians 1:5)

I have no claim to any work that you have done in me
But in accordance to the riches of your grace
You lavished me with love (Ephesians 1:8)

So I come before you this morning.
I stand in awe of your mercy
I stand in the wonder of your grace

I thank you that you have given to all your people
The promise of a new heart.
I thank you that the redeemed of the Lord
know you and say so.

Jeremiah said: (1:5)
The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Speak to your people, this morning, Lord
And may your people visit with you
with mirror and bible and magnifying glass
that you may continue your work of perfection.

Amen