Tuesday

Gratitude


It's Morning, Jesus
Did I say thank you?
Thank you for the common things
Thank you for the provisions
Thank you for the really free things
That I could never give my self
That no amount of money could buy.
Thank you for my eyes
I see clearly
I see sunrises and sunsets
I see small, tiny objects on the table
I see my children's faces
I see...
Thank you for my ears
I hear
I hear the laughter of my children
the harmony of music
the songs of the birds
the bark of the dog
the whistle of the train
I have so much in my health, Lord
that you have given me free.
Thank you for the strength of my muscles
the coordination of my hands and feet
I can walk upstairs and downstairs
I can hit golf balls
I can throw footballs
Thank you, God
For all the free stuff that comes with my body
As I go to the hospital today
and the nursing home today
As I visit thsoe in beds and wheelchairs
Let me not take for granted
What I have today.
Amen