Monday

Show Me Your Way

It's Morning Jesus

May your name by exalted, not mine.
Your kingdom come, not mine.
Your will be done, not mine.


So today, Lord
I will seek to hear your word, and do it
To listen to your commands, and follow them
To watch the specific movement of your feet
and walk in that path.

Forgive me Jesus, for making you a bell-hop God
Bragging about how you bless me
Bragging about the good service I get
in Hotel Holy
Singing the praises of the Hotel Buffet
While the dogs lick Lazarus' sores.

I swim in a large and beautiful fish bowl, Jesus
I live in America.
You know that.

Is that why you helped us get Google Earth?
So you can show me Darfur is my neighbor?
Show you can show me how really close Uganda is?

This morning I will look at the fading starry host
Before I look at Starbucks
This morning I will read the most difficult passages of your Word
About the places to which you said "Go".

Today I will examine my schedule, my use of time, my life
And see where I engage or disengage from the least of these

Today, I will walk with you, precious Jesus.
Amen