Friday

Why Can't We See This Picture?: Had a Little Talk with Jesus





It's Morning, Jesus
And I just read your words again...all that stuff about the fields being white unto harvest.
You used word pictures, Lord.
Did you do that because you wanted us to see?
You didn't say the temple was empty and needed to be filled
You didn't say the synagogues were empty and needed to be filled
You said the "fields" were white unto harvest.
You didn't say the attendance was down at worship,
You didn't even say the "attenders" were few...
You said: The "laborers" are few.

Help me understand you Jesus.
I want to get it right.
I have tried to "look" at your word picture, Lord.
I have tried to "listen" to your voice.
I have tried to look at wheat, close up
I have tried to look at fields...ripe
I have tried to look at laborers "in" that field.

I'm stunned, Jesus.
It doesn't "look" like what I was always told.
It looks to me like that guy in the field is in
a hot place
a dirty place
a place where his clothes are going to get messed up
a place where his shoes are not coming out shined
a place where he may have to change clothes to get comfortable
a place...well...of labor.

Hmmmm.

And where would those fields be, Lord Jesus?
In this world, this state, this town, this village, this body, this pasture in which I serve?
What's that Lord? What did you say?
"Feed my sheep."
Oh, yes Lord, I got that part. I know that scripture. You said it to Peter. LOL
Well..I love you Lord. You know that. I've been sitting right here worshipping you all morning...right here at your feet!

"Feed my Sheep!"

Huh? Yeah. I got that part.

But, Lord....uh, I..uh..I sort of wanted to be like Mary today and sit at your feet...you know how busy Martha was...and all that. I sort of feel like Mary. I just want to look at you, Lord Jesus. I love you. I adore you. I bless you. I lift you up. I exalt you."

"Then feed my sheep, Greg! Feed my lambs!"

But it's Friday, Lord.
Last Friday I was leading a retreat. And the Friday before that I went to a funeral. And the Friday before that....well, you know what happened Lord, your're all knowing. Don't I get a day off?

Yes, Lord...
I know Christian is working with those kids today.
I know he has worked hard getting to know them, building relationships,
and now he's cooking for a tail gate party over at the school.
But that school and that parking lot is such a dirty place!
And I don't know those kids he's bringing in to our church. Their mamas and daddys don't even come with them.'

What's that Lord? YOU sent them? I thought Christian brought them.
YOU did?

You sent them on Wednesday night and Friday night?
Well, Lord, why didn't you send them and their mamas and daddys to Sunday morning worship?

Oh...the "field" thing...the harvest thing...hmmm.

You mean these lonely kids are "ripe" for harvest?
Oh...I know they are "ripe"
Ripe for the drug pushers
Ripe for the addicts to hit on
Ripe for the party crowd to grab hold of and lead them astray

What Lord...did you say Ripe for the Kingdom, too?

So...are you saying the drug pushers are after them, the party people are after them and you want YOUR people after them? And do you mean that the school parking lot is the field?

Hmmm...
But there's no altar down there.
No pulpit to preach from.
No water to baptize with.
No guitars and drums to worship with.
No pews to sit on.
It's a parking lot, Lord!

What?
It's a "field"?
"White unto harvest?"

How do you harvest if there's no aisle to walk down?