Monday

Camp Viola: Memorial Day


It's Afternoon, Jesus
The little children you loved, are here at Camp Viola.
They are singing here, about you
Far away from heat of the asphalt street on which they live,
These kids have come to Camp Viola for one of the greatest weeks in their life.
The little bunk beds here at Camp Viola are better than the beds on which they sleep at home each night.
I pray for Chelsea and Jenna and Hannah and the time they spend here.
I pray you will instill in them the values
That will make them good stewards for the rest of their lives.
I pray they will experience the blessing of giving over receiving.
I pray they will find meaning in service to others.
I pray that the eyes of the children into which they look
Will mean more to them than the glaring screens of computers
I pray that connection of hearts will mean more than internet connections
I pray they will grieve more when hearts are off-line than when the internet is off-line.
I pray you will develop their compassion, mature their hearts.
And I pray for these children,
That they will receive something beyond this world.
I pray they will receive your love into their hearts.
I pray they will receive Jesus.

Amen