Tuesday

Wilting



It's Morning, Jesus
Let it rain.
I pray today for rain upon the parched earth.
I pray today for rain upon the tender plants that need nature's nurture
I pray today for struggling relationships that need the water of love
I pray today for broken marriages that need a slow rain of forgiveness
I pray today for wilted hearts that need a baptism of your holy spirit

Make me an instrument today, Lord, of my prayer.
Help me to pour water today with words of faith, hope, and love.
Help me refresh the wilting
With wordless work.
The rain does not speak
The water falling to the earth has no tongue
The moisture that is life giving falls silently from the eye of heaven
And bathes the soil, the plant, in life giving water.

So I pray for rain
As I deal with death today, Lord
Let me be living water
Let a river of living water flow out of me
Fill me with the life giving properties of faith, hope, and love
And the greatest of these.

Amen