Saturday

Give Me This Mountain





Joshua 14
10 And now, behold, the LORD has kept me alive, as He said, these forty-five years, ever since the LORD spoke this word to Moses while Israel wandered in the wilderness;

and now, here I am this day, eighty-five years old. 11 As yet I am as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in
.
12 Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the LORD spoke in that day;
for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the LORD will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the LORD said.”

It's Morning, Jesus
and there you are,
seated at the right hand of God the Father
There is none like you.
You are high and lifted up.
By the power of your love
and the strong arm of your redemption
You lift men up and give them strength and courage.

Give us today
a healthy fear of your Presence
a right measuring of your majesty
a confident belief in your commandments
a certain walk in your way.

Under the influence of your covenant
and out of the anointing of your spirit
make us srong and courageous.

I thank you today, Lord
for Henry Neal
I pray for his children and his grandchildren
For their comfort and sense of your presence.

I thank you this morning, as the sun rises,'
That Henry Neal rose like a burning sun into my life
and into the ministry of our church.
But I thank you for Henry, Lord,
Not because of what he did for us, or for me, or for school children, or for young men...I thank you simply for who he was: for the person you made him, and for the person he consented to be.

I thank you for his fear of you:
He imparted to us your wisdom.
I thank you for his love of his fellow man:
He exemplified service.
I thank you his love of country and sense of duty:
He sacrificed to make America safe.
I thank you for his love of his children and grandchildren:
He gave to them.
I thank you for his love of work and toil and labor:
He honored you.
I thank you for his stewardship over all the resources with which you entrusted him:
He put you first.
I thank you for his love of Jesus, his love of country, his love of family, his love of neighbor, stranger, and friend.
Do pour into us today,
A portion of that Spirit
And find us receptive to it,
in Jesus name.
Amen