Sunday

Cuddle


As a mother comforts her child,
so will I comfort you;
and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."
Isaiah 66:13


It's Morning, Jesus

Sherri is asleep, the mother of my children.
But she does not rest too deeply.
Her ears, even now, are open to the sound of our daughter's breathing.
She lays down, not to dream, but to rest for the necessary labor of each day:
the cooking, the cleaning, the shopping, the teaching, the doctoring, the nursing, the listening.
Bless the soul, the spirit, the heart, the hands that reach into my daughter's lives through the love of Mother. They are your hands, Lord, shaping, loving, training, bending, mending, preparing, gathering, storing, giving.

Give to Sherri, my wife
Give to the Mother of Hannah, Chelsea and Jenna, strength for the day.
Your peace
Your comfort
Your security
Your love
Your arms
Your strength
Your wisdom

Thank you, Lord, for 18 years and 15 years and 13 years of unmatched love.

Use my eyes to serve with her eyes
Use my ears to hear with hers
Use my hands to labor alongside her
Use my arms to comfort and secure

May it be, Lord Jesus
That when the day is done
Your peace will slip into her soul
And give her that deep rest
That deepest rest of certainty that
You will comfort and provide, even when she cannnot.

Turn my daughter's eyes to you and
Your favor
Your comfort
Your delight in them
Your love of their beauty

As they have cried "Mama"
May they one day cry "Lord Jesus!"

Amen