Wednesday

A Foothold in Truth


It's Morning, Jesus
This is what the Pslamist said:
"Thou has set my foot".. (Ps. 40)
Today Lord,
My foot is set on your word.
My heart is fixed on you.
My grip has taken hold of you.
And you have opened your self to covenant relationship with me.
You have promised your covering, your surrounding presence, your nurture.

May I walk today in poverty of spirit: your spirit is in charge of this world, not mine.
May I live today in purity of heart: your vision is the clear vision, not mine.
May I labor today with re-directed appetites: my thirst and hunger are truly for you.

Where my spirit has led me, I have gone wrong.
Where my vision alone has seen, I have often missed seeing you.
Where my appetites led me, I got off track.

Forgive the gluttony of which my body reminds me: I only have to look in the mirror.
Forgive my blindness to the things of heaven and my addictions to the things of this earth.

Today, I take one step at a time.
Today, I read your word, and walk in it.
Today, I love my wife and children
serve my heighbors,
think of others
and honor you.

Amen