Monday

Coal of Fire


6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."
Isaiah 6

It's Morning, Jesus
I come to the brazen altar of obedience
I come to make my beginning with you this morning.
I lay down my mind
I lay down my schedule
I lay down my life at the altar

Bring your holy word to my lips, my life
Burn me with the holy fire of your truth

Let your words inform me
Let your Holy word shape all my appetites today
Let your Holy word guide my steps
Let your Holy word lead me away from the false lights of my neon lighted world
to the true light of your truth
Let your Holy word show me what you value, what you highly treasure
Let your Holy word teach me wisdom, justice, virtue, honor.

Then may I be a seed of that truth in my world today
May I be a holy seed, out of the stump

May I be salt and light
May I be preserving and transforming influence
May I be counted in your reckoning as one who followed you.

Not I who live, but Christ in me, the hope of glory.

Amen