Tuesday

Spiritual Guidance


But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. John 16:13


It's Morning, Jesus
I thank you that you have not left us alone to figure out the journey,
to work the Rubic Cube of Life.
I thank you that you know us...our rising, our sitting, our standing.
You know every word that is on our tongue, even before we speak it.
You know the traditions in which we were raised
You know the error of our ways
You know the tendencies of our faith

In the deep knowledge of who we are, You send your Holy Spirit
to be our guide into truth.
I thank you that your Word is truth,
I thank you that we do not need to search for or create truth
I thank you that you are the way, the truth.

And how wonderful, Lord,
That as I stand in truth and sometimes sense contradictions,
Your holy spirit is promised as my "guide" in that truth.

So I will be still today.
I will listen to my thought life.
I will be sensitive to the promptings of your Holy Spirit
to make me whole and complete in you.

Amen