Monday

Wholeness in Complexity


Put off your old nature which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and put on the new nature, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Therefore, putting away falsehood, let every one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.

EPHESIANS 4:22-27

It's Morning, Jesus
We invite you into the complexity of life, today
And we claim this day as a day of miracle.
Today, I put on the robes of righteousness,
I clothe myself in you,
Not in my own effort and works,
But in accepting in faith the miracle of transformation
You can make in each hour and second of my life.
Today I accept my membership in a larger body;
Today I willingly submit my heart, my mind, my voice, my eyes,
to the wholeness of my body in the faith that the whole of me will be taken up by you.
Give me honesty in speech; truth in love, grief in any anger I experience,
That I might give you glory and exalt you as my Master and King.
Amen