Wednesday

What the Psalmist Said About God's Love


10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;

Psalm 103


It's Morning, Jesus
From the heighth of your dwelling,
Love pours forth
From the lofty place of your watchcare over us
Love pours down

In view of that great mercy
May I walk today with one question on my mind:
What exalts you today?
Let every word that spring forth from my mouth
be filtered through the filter of exalation...
Does it exalt God?
Let every thought that turns in my brain be measured
Let every emotion be weighed
Let every glance of my eyes be guided
Let every step of my feet by directed
I will exalt you, today, O God most High.

And should I soon discover my mind is cowering in fear
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains, from whence comes my help
Should I hear my own tongue wagging in negativity
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains, from whence comes my help
Should I stumble or fall, in any way
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains, from whence comes my help.

Amen