Thursday

Morning in Assisi


"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you, that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide: so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you."
John 15:16-17

I'm here, Lord,
Because of your choice of me.
I didn't ask to be born.
Before the foundations of the world, you chose me.
And I'm here, Lord, because you appointed me.
And, to be honest, Lord,
Those are the rwo of the great reasons I keep coming back to you.
You chose me. You appointed me.

I like to be with you, Lord
I like to hang with you.
Even more than that, there is joy in your presence.
Your presenc is holy and I tingle with the idea of just hanging out in your glory.
And its a glory that reveals sin, but a presence that heals it, and a power that remedies it.

I can because you can.
I am because you are.
I will in your will.

I'm here Lord
But the greatest thing is that
We are here together.

Amen