Thursday

Uzzah




It's Morning, Jesus
There you are
Seated at the right hand of God the Father.
It is your uplifted hand that commands the world, not mine.
It is your judgements that shape all history, not mine
It is your clock that keeps time, and measures early and late, not mine
Forbid it Lord,
That I should build my own tower of Babel
That I should presume to lift my hand
And command as though I were God
For still you rule and reign
By your Holy Spirit
Still you convey your truth
Still you invest all reality with your Presence
Which calls and commissions

I begin my day before you, Jesus
And I lay all my concerns at your feet
I humbly request patience to teach

Sometimes I want to strike the rock, Lord Jesus
There is an impatient Moses in me.
Sometimes I want to catch the ark,
like Uzzah
Because it seems so right to do.
May I always have a humble view of myself
A fearful honor of you
Grant me wisdom, patience, gentleness, kindness, forbearance, longsuffering,
and love, against which there is no law.
And guard me of my ancient adversary, Pride
Which goes before a Fall.

Amen