Thursday

His Intent


His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 3:10



It's Morning, Lord Jesus
Glory be to your name.
You founded, dear Jesus, the most important institution in the world.
All nations compare to your Kingdom like a speck of dust.
"All flesh is like grass. And all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord (and all His family) abide forever" (1 Peter 1:24,25). The media and all the powers, and authorities and rulers and stars that they present are a mirage. "For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God" (Luke 16:15). The gates of hades, the powers of death, will prevail against every institution but one, the church.
So I praise your name.
I bow humbly before you, awe struck that I am chosen to be a part of your work.
I am not able, but Christ in me, is my hope of glory.
Today I will walk as an alien here, a servant of the Most High God.
Today I will remember I am a stranger in a strange land.
Today I will rejoice that I was made able to shed the snake skin
And was made new when you breathed on me.
I will not slither back onto the cocoon of soul sleep
But I will sretch my wings like an eagle, and fly
at the uplift of thy bidding.

Amen