Wednesday

Before I Speak Your Name


Sing to him a new song;
play skillfully, and shout for joy.
Psalm 33:3

It's Morning, Jesus
Before I speak your name
I receive the Word that shatters my house of glass
I am like all others in exile
Longing for my home in you
There is no other and can be none other than you

I keep my song in a box
But the birds sing the hidden melody
I muffle my shout
But the dogs still bark
I cover my sorrow with laughter
But the baby still cries

Make me as real as the bird, the dog, the baby
So that my open throat gives no opportunities to the rocks
to cry your name

Sing, shout, cry...
How beautiful our heritage,
To have this way of speaking to eternity,
How beautiful this solitude,,
surrounded, filled, and mastered by Thy Name,
from which all things arise in splendor
depending one upon the other.