Wednesday

The "Must" Walk


3We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love[b] is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
1 John

It's Morning, Jesus
Teach me through your Disciple John
Teach me through your presence in the Holy Spirit
In this room with me right now, You are present
and I open my mind and heart to you.

What is it you command?
Where is it that you walked?
If I follow your feet and your footsteps,
Where do I end up? Following Luke's account...

I see you at the temple (1:49)
I see you at your baptism (3:31)
I see you in the wilderness (4:1)
I see you in the synagogues (4:15)
I see you with a man with an unclean spirit (4:35)
I see you in Simon's house healing a fever (4:39)
I see you with fishermen by the lake (5:1)
I see you with a leper (5:13)
I see you with a crippled man (5:18)
I see you with a tax collector (5:27)
I see you teaching a parable (5:36)
I see you healing a a crippled hand (6:10)
I see you preaching a sermon (6:20)
I see you going to the centurions home to heal his son (7:9)
I see you eating with a Pharisee (7:36)
I see you in cities and villages preaching and healing the infirm (8:1ff)
Grant it, today, Lord Jesus
That I not just go and sit in my office
And think great thoughts about you
Believe wondrous truths about you
Say beautiful things about you
But guide my feet to the place where I can
Do wonderful things with you
In the very places where you desire my legs
to go into this world.

Amen