Monday

If I Be Lifted Up


1

Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
Psalm 1

It's Morning, Jesus
Under the humility of the trees
I bow my head
The root of thought goes deep into your word
I grasp the gravity of truth
How beautiful are your Words
How lovely all of your creation
With bowed head and uplifted arms
I reach to you

You are glorified.
You are exalted.
You are above all and in all and through all
You accept none of my requirements for your presence
You inhabit fog, shadow, humidity and frost
You are not the heat of fire or the freeze of cold
You are not cool or warm
You are God
Transcendent
Omnipotent
God alone.

Today I live for you
Sing to you
Look for you
Listen with you

To the birds singing hallelujah
To the crickets lullaby
To the babies cry
The old woman's sigh
The prisoners groan
The widows loneliness

You are able
You are all in all.
And so I worship you
Because you are God
and God alone.

Thank you for grace
Thank you for mercy
Thank you for the iron will of justice
that keeps the city safe
That you for the wall of truth
That keeps our children hidden from the enemy
And the enemy outside the gates

Thank you for the twisted wood of victory
The tree that did not bend or break
But that yielded to the carpenters hand and feet
and held him safe against the sky

There I look
And live
And die.

Amen