Tuesday

Xray


I confess the sins of our church
Including myself
I confess the sins we have committed against you.
We have acted very selfishly
We have not reached out
We have not included others
We have been too busy to love our neighbors,
We have forgotten the stranger
We have become comfortable in our cliques
You have said:” If my people, who are called by my name, will
Humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
Then will I hear from heaven
And will forgive their sin
And will heal their land.”
Call us to confession, Lord
Hear my prayers, hear our prayers
Cause us to delight, again, in the stranger
Give us a heart for the neighbors whose names we do not know
Renew our spiritual love for the souls of our friends
Call us out of the safe shelters of our closed friendships
Into the marketplace with you
Give us a welcome to the lonely, the poor, the outcast, the struggling,
Give us as a help to the busy, the resourceful, the talented
Makes us a blessing to the newcomer, a witness to the confused,
A help to the struggling
So live in us, Lord, Jesus, that others will know your care through our care,
Your concern through our outreach.
Make me a blessing, today, Lord, to one person to whom you lead me.
Amen.