Thursday

Closed Ears

The Sower
Van Gogh

It's Evening, Jesus

Have I sown the seed of your love, today?

I ask you, Lord, Jesus, you who are the living word,

Have I been generous in sowing you?

Or have I chosen only the soil I thought appropriate?

Have I calculated the return before I have sown your love?

Have I righteously discriminated?

Have I despised the rocky soil?

Have I declared "It is a waste to love?"

Have I refused to sow seed because I did not like the soil?

Lord, examine my heart

Reveal my hurt

Strengthen me in any fatigue of mercy.

Thank you for the ones' who sowed the seed of your word

in my life.

Amen.

"Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."