Thursday

What is the Dignity of Man?


Our dignity consists in being loved and in being able to love.
God saw everything that he had made and, indeed, it was very good. Genesis 1:31


I have observed the misery of my people who are in Egypt; I have heard their cry ... and I have come down to deliver them.... I will be with you. Exodus 3:7-12


You shall love the Lord your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might....You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Deuteronomy 6:5; Leviticus 19:18; cf. Matthew 22:37-39


In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another. I John 4:10-11


To him who loves us and freed us from our sins by his blood, and made us to be a kingdom, priests serving his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Revelation 1:5-6