Thursday

Fruit of the Spirit: Peace




Peace


"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1). "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).





It's Morning, Jesus



This is the peace I have.



I have you.



I have the knowledge that the Holy Spirit will provide for me in every curcumstance of my life today.



I have the certainty that all things that come to me today are in your keeping and watchcare.



This day, I will meet nothing that you do not permit



Encounter no person, place or thing,



That is not an opportunity



To bear witness to your name.



I go into the adventure of this day



with you.



And I have this peace, too, Lord



This peace of abiding in you.



Connected to the vine of life,



I receive of you.



The blossoms of my life come from you



The internal thirst of my soul is quenched by you



As I rest in you, I have peace.



Teach me Lord, that resting in you is not sloth;



That sitting at your feet is not laziness;



That abiding in your is not a grand forfeiture of responsbility



But is my first responsibilty, my first act of obedience,



my first step in relinquishing myself, my agenda, my pride.



Amen





Amen