Sunday

Resurrection Morning


It's Morning, Jesus

I have seen your glory this morning.
Even though the sun has not yet risen
The darkness outside has not hidden you.

I have inwardly sung to you this morning.
Even though my wife and children are asleep and I keep quiet
The silence has not muffled my song to you.
I pray for Steve and Chuck and Kevin and Christian
and Payne and Jennifer and Kathy
Even though their ministries are different from mine
We are one in the Spirit

I pray that you will pour into each one of us
And allow us to taste community today when we meet as staff.
I pray that each one will do that which gives you honor and glory
I pray no secondary motive will propel us

I ask you to pour humility into each of us
That we may remain accountable to a truth larger than us
That we may hear what others are saying and be attuned to your voice in them
That we may sense the real needs of each person who stands in front of us today
and remember that You are able to supply every need.

You are the resurrection and the life.
None of us can come to God the Father,
Or to Christian Community
Or to real Kingdom work,
Without you.
Amen