Monday

Jesus Before Pilate

It's Morning, Jesus
You are high and lifted up
Seated at the right hand of God the Father.
I praise you and adore you.
Lamb of God
Who takes away the sins of the world
Have mercy on me and grant me peace.
I give to you all praise
I offer you honor
Before the world was made, you were
At the end of history as we know it, you will be
In the midst of life today, you are

I confess that I have sometimes been like Pilate,
Lord Jesus
I have seen good that needed to be done
And have not done it, because I wanted to please others.
I have faced rightousness and rightous claims
And heave chosen not to get involved
I have tried to wash my hands of responsibility
A nd believe it was for another to do.

I pray for all leaders who exercise authority and responsibility
That they may be brave and courageous.
I pray that they may stand in the judgement hall of their own time
And look for justice in heaven, not favor on earth.

Thank you for forgiving me of all my wrong
Thank you for abiding with me when I was weak
Thank you for sending your holy spirit to fill me
Thank you for strengthening me for my life's work.

I pray, Lord Jesus, for many tonight.
I call their names to you.
Hear my cry.
Be with the infant
Be with the young
Be with the parents
Be with the old.
Be with the children.
Be with the grandchildren.
Be with the brothers
Be with the sisters
Be with the moms and dads.
Be with the daughters and sons.

Amen