Friday

Counterfeit

It's Morning, Jesus
Grant, that today, I look more upon your face
than the face of mammon (money).
May I open the treasure of your word today
more than the wallet of earthly wealth.
May I give to others today more a touch of your grace
than pieces of worldly wealth.
May the occasion of my speaking to others today
be in spiritual commerce, not getting and spending.
And may I accept, today, no counterfeit joy or happiness
No false filling of the senses
That seeks to replace You
"For your love is better than lilfe,
my lips will speak your praise.
So I will bless you all my life,
in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul shall be filled as with a banquet,
my mouth shalll praise you with joy."
Amen
---Psalm 63
Open up the skies of mercy
And rain down the cleansing flood
Healing waters rise around us
Hear our cries
It's your kindness Lord
That leads us to repentanceYour favor lord, is our desire
It's your beauty Lord
That makes us stand in silence
Your love, Your love
Is better than life.
---Chris Tomlin