Thursday

Deep Calls Unto Deep

Psalm 42

It's Morning, Jesus

You are the living word of God.
You, and the written word,
Tell the truth.

1As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

I know this, Lord,
And that is why I am sitting still before you.
When can I go and meet with God?

I thank you, Lord Jesus
That in and through the full counsel
of your word and work
I can meet with you, right here.

I don't have to go to a temple this morning
I don't have to chase down a goat
I don't have to slit the throat of a lamb
I don't have to pour blood
I can meet with you, right here
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Lord, I confess this morning,
That I've been around the block
And I've sometimes chased after things
And been chased by things
That were not You.

I'm guilty, have pled guilty, and
have been forgiven of
the seven deadly sins.
And I say to my embarassed soul:

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
put your hope in God,
Amen