Wednesday

Embarassed


It’s Morning, Jesus
I see my need for patience.
Thank you for showing me that you are never in a hurry.
Help me to learn to wait before you as the flower for the sun,
The tulip for the rain.

I repent of all the times I have wanted to hurry you up
I have leaned upon your door bell, blown my horn, banged upon the gate,
Pressed the button on the spiritual elevator a dozen times
I have tried to steal in a rush what you gladly would have given me
In patience.

Let me be good ground, today, Lord
Plough deep in me.
Plant the seed of patience
I will hear your word and keep it,

When both phones ring and the traffic is snarled.
Your spirit and word will produce the fruit of patience.
The promises of your word cannot fail.
Laying aside every weight, and the sin which so easily besets me,
Hurry, scurry, worry…
I determine in my heart to run with patience.
The race you have set before me,
Always looking unto you, Jesus,
The author and finisher of my faith.
Amen