Monday

Impulse


It's Morning, Jesus


"My soul is longing and yearning,

is yearning for the courts of the Lord."

(Psalm 84)


Let me trust it, Jesus

This longing.

Let me walk in it, Lord,

This yearning.

This longing is not an emptiness

But a filling

I am filled with an impulse for direction

"I yearn for you."

I am possessed of an inner compass toward heaven

"I long for you."

I am gifted with a full load of jet fuel

My rockets are ready to burn

Toward you.

So today, Lord

I will choose you

I will be directed toward you

I will look for you

It is my souls longing

It is my yearning

It is my gift from you.

Nothing else will take your place

No substitute will satisfy

No counterfeit experience will placate my soul

Water from no other spring will quench my thirst

Food from the refrigerator will not abate this hunger

I am made for you.


Amen

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

And Glory.


Amen

Amen