Thursday

The Ministry of Good Works

The Good Samaritan
Van Gogh

It's Noon, Jesus
It's the light of day when your light reveals all things.
Here at noon, the rush has begun.
Here, at noon, the day is half over and a lot left to be done.
Here, at noon, our to do lists are not fully checked.
Here, at noon, we are all on our way, to someplace.
It is not the morning of good intentions
It is no longer the dawn of mist and insight
It is not yet the evening of reflection and remembrance.
It is noon.
How glaring and revealing is the light.
Examine me, expose me three personed God.
Am I walking by anyone who is not on my list?
Am I passing by the refugee? the beaten down? the despised?
In my focus to prepare a sermon for Sunday,
Am I refusing to be a living sermon today?
Where am I in this picture?
Show me.....me.
Amen