Wednesday

Every Man's Need





It's Morning, Jesus
I need your glory.
I need your light to:

Free me from my opinions....
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding
but delights in airing his own opinions.

Shape my words...
The words of a man's mouth are deep waters,
but the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook.

Guide my judgment and action...
It is not good to be partial to the wicked
or to deprive the innocent of justice.

Fill my mouth with blessing...
A fools lips bring him strife,
and his mouth invites a beating.
A fools mouth is his undoing,
and his lips are a snare to his soul.

Guard my soul...
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels;
they go down to a man's inmost parts.

Humble my heart....
Before his downfall a man's heart is proud,
but humility comes before honor.

Open my ears....
He who answers before listening
that is his folly and his shame.

Strengthen my spirit...
A man's spirit sustains him in sickness,
but a crushed spirit who can bear?

Enlighten my mind...
The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge;
the ears of the wise seek it out.

Remove my selfishness...
A gift opens the way for the giver
and ushers him into the presence of the great.

Suspend my judgment...
The first to present his case seems right,
till another comes forward and questions him.

Make peace among the offended
An offended brother is more unyielding than a fortified city,
and disputes are like the barred gates of a citadel.

Count my own blessings
From the fruit of his mouth a man's stomach is filled;
with the harvest from his lips he is satisfied.

Guide my tongue
The tongue has the power of life and death,
and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Remember my brother...
A poor man pleads for mercy,
but a rich man answers harshly.

Cherish my friends...
A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.


Amen