Wednesday

Heavy


It's Morning, Jesus
This is the day that you have made.
I rejoice and am glad in it.
You are the Creator, Lord God,
And still, you exercise your creative power.
By the Holy Spirit
You infuse your life into ours

When you fell carrying the cross,
You fell, Lord Jesus, under the burden of sin.

Yet you got back up and carried
The sins of the world.
You bore the burden, the weight.

By your death,
The debt of sin is paid
By your resurrection
The dominion of sin is shattered
The prison cell is broken open

Now, by your Spirit, we are more than conquerors
through him who loved us.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Today, Lord Jesus,
Watch over my soul and deliver me from the enemies attacks:
Pride robs me of the humility in which community lives
Envy distances me from your abundant blessings.
Lust cuts me off from real love.
Anger distorts my eyes and ruins my vision
Sloth destroys tomorrows harvest
Greed lays wastes my powers.

Yet in you, love conquers.

Amen
I Asked for Wonder
I asked for wonder
and saw you crawl upon the ground
you came to subdue.
Expecting hallelujah
I got you.
I asked for glory
and my eyes were raped
by empty temples and white church steeples
Choosing love
I got hate.
But when I stopped asking
for wonder and glory
and instead a cross
you and I became one
and love and mercy and glory were done
and wonder came down.